If you would like to apply to volunteer please fill out the application.
If you are interested in doing something that is not on our list of available opportunities, we will work with you to see if it is possible to build that opportunity within the framework of our volunteer program. For more information call 505-599-1421.
Citizen Involvement Programs
Volunteers are utilized for special events or projects hosted by the City, sometimes for a single-day event - perhaps even for just a few hours. Groups often sign up to volunteer for this type of event. These events will
be listed as they arise throughout the year.
Click on the links below to sign-up to volunteer for special events!
To view and sign-up for all special events: Click Here
Ongoing Event from March 17th-May 31st for the 2023 High Desert Games in Association with NM Senior Olympics
- May 6th, 10:00 am- 12:00pm, Mother-Daughter Tea Party @ Sycamore Park Community Center
- May 27th, 8:00 am-10:00 am, Riverfest 5k/10 and 2 mile Fun Run @ Animas Park
- June 3rd, 12:00 pm- 3:00pm, Farmington Lake Day @ Lake Farmington. Sign up coming soon!
- June 3rd, 8:00 am- 12:00pm, National Trails Day Clean-Up @ Berg Park Pavilion.
- September 16th, Various Times, Mommy & Me Dance @ Sycamore Park Community Center
- September 29th-October 1st, TBD, Four Corners Balloon Rally @Various Locations. Sign up coming soon!
- October 7th, TBD, Road Apple Rally @ Lions Wilderness Park. Sign up coming soon!
- October 13th, Various Times, Harvest Party @ Sycamore Park Community Center
- October 31st, 4:00 pm- 6:00 pm, Boopalooza @ Historic Downtown
- November 10th, 6:00 pm, Thanksgiving Potluck@ Sycamore Park Community Center
- November 18th, 8:00 am- 11 am, Turkey Trot & Gobble Wobble @ Historic Downtown
- December 1st, 5:00pm -6:00 pm, SPCC Tree Lighting and Christmas Social @ Sycamore Park Community Center
- December 9th, 9:00 am- 12:00 pm, A Morning with Santa @ Sycamore Park Commmunity Center
A City department might request volunteers to work with a short-term project. These opportunities will be posted as they become available.
Long-Term and Ongoing Opportunities
Various departments within the City request volunteer help for long-term projects or for ongoing assignments within the department that can be filled by an individual volunteer on a regular basis. These opportunities will be posted along with a volunteer service description of the position.
Check out our application to view open ongoing opportunities!